When you open the cover and see that 80% of the frames are covered heavily with bees, then it is time to add a second box. Please follow the instructions below.
- Remove frame 1 (counting left to right) and set it aside.
- Slide frames 2,3, and 4 to the far left (you may inspect them if you wish)
- Remove frames 5 and 6 from the bottom box and move them to the center of the second box.
- Move frame #1 to #2 and insert a new frame into position #2
- Move frame #9 to #10 and insert a new frame into position #9
- The second box should have empty/new frames in positions 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Frames 5 and 6 should have brood from the first box.